* Supermodel Ashley Graham walked for Michael Kors in a slitted black dress and statement fur. A thick black belt completed the look for the beauty who is the first plus size model to have ever walked Michael Kors’ runway.
* Christian Siriano celebrated diversity with ten plus size models wearing velvet, animal prints and ball gowns. Models like Candice Huffine, Marquita Pring, Saffi Karina, Alessandra Garcia-Lorido, Iskra Lawrence, Jocelyn Corona, Georgia Pratt and Precious Lee looked divine on the runway. Industry veterans like Karolina Kurkova and Alek Wak joined the rest of the team for a designer who truly knows the importance of representation.
* Chromat, another brand that has centered its identity around celebrating curves showcased a collection of strong, powerful designs with colorful zip-up dresses, inflatable clothes and sporty swimsuits. Plus size models Iskra Lawrence, Denise Bidot, Priscilla Huggins Ortiz, Victoria Gomez and Sabina Karlson strutted down the runway for Chromat.
* Tome was inspired by this year’s Women’s March on Washington and included simplistic pieces devoid of ornamentation. Three plus size models, Candice Huffine, Georgia Pratt and Marquita Pring walked the show for Tome.
* Prabal Gurung was fiercely feminist in his collection of vibrant, highly-detailed outfits. Plus size models Candice Huffine and Marquita Pring walked down the runway in full sleeved, highly detailed, belted dresses over white stockings. During the finale, all 37 models walked down the runway in t-shirts that read ‘love is the resistance’, ‘I am an immigrant’, ‘the future is female’, ‘we will not be silenced’, ‘I am a rose’, ‘stay woke’ etc while Gurung himself wore a t-shirt saying ‘this is what a feminist looks like’.
* Katy Syme and Stella Duval could be seen in OAK sporting signature pieces.
* Melissa Koole walked for Tracy Reese in a leather dress presenting a dark and powerful look of female strength.
* More plus size models dominated NYFW Fall/Winter 2017 like Sabina Karlsson for J.Crew, Bree Kish for Who What Wear and Minahil Mahmood for Gypsy Sport.