The first thing which comes to our mind whenever we think of summer are those frivolous pool parties to beat the heat in style. But this is also a time which leads to maximum insecurities amongst women as they feel unsure about how exactly they would look while trying to strike the right chord of balance between style and comfort.
If you are someone who has been worrying about the same, then you have come to the right place as today we are going to share some expert prescribed plus size fashion trends for summers which can turn you into the star of every event you attend.
- Bikinis can be rocked by girls of all shapes and sizes. But there is no one size fits all rule in terms of bikinis as every woman might have a completely different size of her chest. You might even feel that a skimpier top and high-cut bottom can flatter your curves and vice versa. Thus, while shopping for swimwear, make sure to mix and match your tops and bottoms.
- Denim have remained as one of the most timeless plus size fashion trends for summer months. But it often happens that curvy ladies end up ruining their favorite pair of jeans by rubbing their thighs together which tears away the fabric in places. The amount of chaffing accentuates during summer months and thus it becomes imperative to stitch a patch on the internal lining of your jeans to act as an extra layer of protection.
- There was a time when plus sized women were advised against wearing shorts. But just because you don’t fall under the slender category doesn’t mean that you will have to suffocate your thighs in denim skinny jeans throughout summer. You can actually break all the set stereotypes of plus size fashion by baring your thigh muscles in super attractive shorts which can unveil your free spirit.
- Modern-day fashion is a lot more accommodative in terms of size and that is why you can see countless plus size models walking down the ramp by showcasing their bare arms with complete sass. Keeping your arms bare can also help you win the fight against the sweltering summer heat while enjoying the dash of cool breeze brush against your skin.
- If you thought that black is the only color you can try out while browsing through plus size fashion trends for summer, then you are completely mistaken. Well, black and similar dark shades can definitely hide out your problem zones but dressing up in all black in the middle of August can definitely make you more vulnerable to chances of a massive heatstroke.
- Crop tops were once considered to be the forte of slender ladies having washboard abs. But lately, it has evolved into a plus size fashion trend for summer as even the curviest of ladies can be seen rocking their flab in a fab fashion by showing off their belly in alluring crop tops which can surely leave the opposite gender yearning for more.
- If you wish to create an illusion of a taller frame, then you need to proceed with plus size fashion trends for summer which can create shapes and lines for drawing your eye. Wearing monochrome shades can be an effective means of doing the same. You can thus wear trousers and blazers having the same shade and offset it with a black silk top for creating an unbroken line which can draw attention from your belly region.
- Oversized garments are a strict no-no for plus sized ladies as they simply add volume to your physique thus making it look more unflattering. As an alternative, you can proceed with body-skimming apparels which can show off your curves in the best possible manner. Thus, while a T-shirt dress is an absolutely unflattering choice, a kaftan or maxi which can create subtle definition around your waistline is an extremely cool alternative.
- Layering stands out as another important plus size fashion trend for summer which can impart greater definition to your physique without adding up to its volume. You can thus easily accentuate your shape by teaming up a tank top with a lace shrug rather than a single piece T-shirt. Jackets and blazers can hide the excess flab of your arms and even enhance your personality if their hemline falls above your hips.
- High-waisted pants are an extremely popular plus size fashion trend for summer which can tuck in all flaps and folds by ending at the slimmest part of your waist. For best results, you should wear pants which end at your ankle or below as that tends to create an illusion of a longer frame.
The plus size fashion trends for summers listed out above has received the stamp of acceptance from curvy fashion divas who have been spreading the message of body positivity for quite some time now. So, try them out this summer and get ready to bask in compliments which follows suit.